Vocabulary TEST – Marketing and merchandising
1. The … before date on food or drink is the day or month before which it should be consumed.
2. The black … is things which are bought and sold, or money changed illegally.
3. A … name is the name by which a particular product is sold.
4. A …’s market is when there are more goods for sale than there are people to buy them.
5. A … centre provides information and sells or advertises its goods or services by telephone.
6. In cash-…-carry you buy for cash and you must take the goods away yourself.
7. A cash … in a shop is the place where you can pay for the things you buy in a shop. (UK)
8. The … price of an item is the price it cost to make.
9. A …-price shop sells things at lower prices than other shops.
10. A department … is a large shop divided into several different parts selling different things.
11. If something is sold in an … pack it contains a larger amount of the goods for a lower price.
12. A … market is an outside market selling old or used goods at low prices.
C: second hand
13. A … hour is a period of time when drinks are sold cheaply in a bar or a pub.
14. If someone uses or tries the … sell, they try to sell something by being very forceful.
15. Market … is the collection and examination of information about things that people (might) buy.
16. A … company is a company which controls other smaller companies.
17. A … assistant is someone who works in a shop serving customers.
18. A shopping … is a group of shops with a common area for cars to park.
19. A … machine sells you small items such as cigarettes, drinks or sweets if you put coins into it.
20. Market … is the proportion of the total market which one company controls.
1.A 2.V 3.C 4.D 5.D
6.E 7.A 8.DE 9.C 10.A
11.B 12.A 13.B 14.B 15.C
16.C 17.B 18.BC 19.AB 20.D