Egy könnyű finomság nyári napokra.
Crumbed Goat’s Cheese with Redcurrant Salsa
Calories per serving: 588
Fat per serving: 38g
FOR THE SALSA:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 125g redcurrants (off branches)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE CHEESE:
- 100g round British goat’s cheese with rind
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons white breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying in a deep-fat fryer or chip-pan
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Redcurrants, to garnish
1. To make the salsa: Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add onion and sugar, and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until onions starts to caramelise. Add the vinegar and cook for 4-5 minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
2. Add the redcurrants to the pan and cook for a few more minutes until they’ve softened, and the relish is of the desired consistency. Season the relish to taste with salt and pepper.
3. To prepare the goat’s cheese: Cut cheese in half to give 2 rounds. Tip the flour on to a small plate and season it with salt and pepper. Lightly coat the cheese in the seasoned flour. Dip the cheese in the egg and then coat it in the breadcrumbs. Carefully dip the cheese in the egg again and then again in the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat the oil in the deep-fat fryer or chip-pan to 180C and carefully add the cheese to the pan. Cook the cheese for 1-2 minutes on each side, then lift it out of the pan and drain it on absorbent kitchen paper. Serve it with the relish and a few salad leaves, garnished with some extra redcurrants.
Not suitable for freezing.
rind – héj
beaten – felvert
deep-fat fryer – fritőz
chip-pan – mély serpenyő
redcurrant – ribizli
to thicken – besűrűsödni
relish – gyümölcsből és zöldségből készült szósz
consistency – állag
to taste – ízlés – szerint
to coat – bevonni
kitchen paper – papírtörlő
garnished – körített